I’ll get straight to the point. It’s Christmas, how did that happen? We are right in the eye of the silly season storm, and as we all know, it gets faster and faster as we get towards the epicentre.
And I am out of inspiration for a blog, dammit.
It’s one of those things where you have grand plans for delivering a whole bunch of content and finishing things off before your break, and when the end of year gets closer and closer, you get less motivated to finish off those grand plans.
So here’s my very short, very sweet Christmas blog. It’s my list of the top 10 things that I love to do at Christmas.
Kate’s Silly Season Things to do
1. Have fun
3. Enjoy time with people that bring me joy
4. Disconnect from social media for a while
5. Test my ‘find my smartphone’ capability. Better now than when my smartphone is actually lost
6. Check, revise and set up my email email rules. My favourite rule is one that has my subscriptions filed automatically in a folder that I access when I want, rather than when the email lands in my inbox
7. Clear out the data and remove apps and logins from any of my unused devices
8. Check my back ups are working as they should
9. Decide on one new habit that is good for my wellbeing and do it (20 min walk in the morning, hot water and lemon when I first wake up, checking emails twice a day…they are just some of my favourite ones I’ve developed this year)
10. Spend even more time with my mediation app. It is tied with my Kindle for the best technology I use
1 again. Have fun. Seriously. Life is short, work is always there. Stop and enjoy this wonderful, crazy world we live in.
Stay safe and well.
See you in 2020
I’ll get straight to the point. It’s Christmas, how did that happen? We are right in the eye of the silly season storm, and as we all know, it gets faster and faster [...]
Chances are you’ve never seen the above picture before – it’s the image you get when you reach zero emails in your inbox in Outlook. I don’t mean to brag (I really do), [...]